Gong Moodle Module
Although Moodle by itself is a great system it does not previously have any embedded support for voice communication. Therefore we have created a Gong Moodle module so that teachers using Moodle can easily put a Gong discussion board into a course.
The Gong activity can be supported as an individual one (for a course as a whole) or a grouped one (for each group inside a course). The module provides a seamless integration. For example, user authentication in the Gong system is done transparently to the users. They are not ever required to log on the Gong system separately once they have logged on to Moodle.
The features that are supported now in the Gong Moodle module are:
- Being able to use the Gong audio editor
- Being able to use the voice speed up/ slow down and audio streaming features of Gong
- Being able to use a message which has been indexed (users can use any platform to access such a message) or generate an indexed message (need to use Windows platform to generate such a message)
- Being able to use the special Chinese learning features of Gong for Pinyin (Putonghua) and Yale (Cantonese)
- Being able to use the simplified interface of Gong, MiniGong.
The installation of the Gong Moodle module is as straightforward as any Moodle module. However you do need to setup a Gong server as well. For details please visit the Gong and Moodle installation instructions page.